By now, you should have read our article on 3 Tips to Attract Website Visitors, in which we talked about how to get potential consumers to visit your site. While getting people to visit your site is great, it is pointless if you lack ways to convert them to leads. In this article we share with you the 1-2 punch that will convert your visitors to leads.
Unique Compelling Content.
In our last article we talked about writing blogs, eBooks, whitepapers and much more to attract visitors to your site. No matter what type of content you are using to get people to your site, it has to be compelling. Compelling content keeps your reader engaged. When writing content for the web, you have the first paragraph to grab your readers’ attention. That’s only a few seconds, so don’t waste time.
If you’re not sure how to write compelling content, we have a few tips for you:
- Be clear and specific – don’t use industry terms and jargon that people don’t understand. Get right to the point.
- Be personable – use your own stories to help create emotion and to get the reader to relate to you.
- Be intriguing – your writing should stimulate thought and make them curious.
- Be relevant – remember you are writing to a specific audience, so make sure that the information you include stays relevant to your audience.
- Be trustworthy – your information has to be true, and you need to stand behind what you say. Period.
Typically, when you write content, you write a blog and share it with readers for “free”, meaning that they don’t have to give you their information to get access to the blog. If you are giving more than a blog away for free, such as an eBook or whitepaper, you are missing a huge opportunity to get your visitors’ information and convert them to a lead through a conversion path.
The Lead Conversion Point
A conversion point is part of the user path that the user goes from anonymous to known via a form. The key to getting good leads is having the right unique compelling content in place to entice the user into a bigger value exchange. Blogs and articles are great to attract users, but eBooks and whitepapers are deep, valuable knowledge that users are willing to exchange their information for your deep expertise. You’re site should have many conversion points based on the user’s buying position.
If you’d like to talk with us more about how to convert visitors into leads, feel free to contact us by calling 240.575.5887 for a no-pressure conversation. You can also check out our inbound marketing services.